Using Multiple iTunes/App Store Accounts
You will find that download content available in iTunes stores differs around the world.
For example the US store may have a new movie or Tv season available for download, yet it may not be available in any other country.
To make the most of the iTunes/App store it is best to have Apple ID’s for multiple countries so that you can “shop around”, for availability and even look out for the cheapest prices. Yes, prices all differ depending on which country iTunes store you are in too!
It is easy to use multiple accounts (Apple ID’s) and switch between accounts to ensure you are getting the best download availability and all downloads are stored in the same iTunes library.
Here’s how it’s done…
Changing Store Location:
Before deciding which country iTunes accounts you would like, you will probably want to browse the content available in the store first. This can be done without even logging into any account.
Open up your desktop iTunes and ensure you are logged out your account. Scroll to the bottom of the home page and you will see a country flag displayed on the right hand side (it will be the flag of the current country iTunes store you were logged into) you should click on this flag and it will display all of the available iTunes stores from all over the world.. As shown in the image below:
This is simply a viewing/browsing technique, you will not be able to purchase or download any content (as you are not logged in) but it is a great way to check out what is available on other stores and to compare prices!Creating a new Apple ID
To be able to make downloads an Apple ID is needed. Whether this be for free or paid downloads. But an account can be set up for any country really easily, no matter where in the world you are and you do not need an address or bank details for that country.
- From the home screen on the iPhone or iPad select “App store”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and sign out of an existing iTunes account.
- Choose any “FREE” App and select “Get”.
- In the pop up box choose “Create Apple ID”.
- Follow the set up process to add an email address (this will be the new Apple ID) and password and change the country using the drop down box to “United Kingdom”.
- Click agree to terms and conditions and select Next.
- Select “None” under billing details and fill in name, address, phone number (A Google search can help with this) and head to the next page.
- Apple will send a verification code to the email address provided.
- Check for the email and confirm the code where requested on the iPad or iPhone.
Now all you need is credit in the account! This can be added using iTunes gift card codes which are available on our website. Visit us at: www.miTunes.tv
All our iTunes codes are delivered securely by email , so no waiting around for the post and fast access to the credit which you can then redeem into your iTunes account!
You may also find our link: How to redeem an iTunes gift card code useful too.