Using the UK iTunes store will allow the downloads of British Tv seasons which may not be available in other iTunes stores such as the US. There are now a lot of British sitcoms which have been very popular both in the UK and outside, the main favourite being Downton Abbey, as viewers all around the world eagerly awaited the finale!
Setting up a UK Apple ID, will provide full access to the UK iTunes store which ca include downloads of British Tv, music, books and movies and anyone in the world can own a UK Apple ID, even from outside of Britain.
The UK iTunes store can be accessed on a PC/laptop, Mac, or other iOS device, such as an iPhone or iPad, as well as on Apple Tv.
More than one account can also be used, it is easy to simultaneously use multiple iTunes accounts for different countries to experience the best available downloads and bargain hunt for the best prices to save you money! Not all countries have the same content available which is why in some cases it will only be possible to view some British Tv shows using the UK iTunes store.
How to set up a UK iTunes account on an iPhone or iPad:
If you already have an iTunes account for the US or your own country then you will find the set up process really similar.
-Please note that before following the steps you may need to use a UK VPN.
- From the home screen on the iPhone or iPad select “App store”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and sign out of an existing iTunes account.
- Choose any “FREE” App and select “Get”.
- In the pop up box choose “Create Apple ID”.
- Follow the set up process to add an email address (this will be the new Apple ID) and password and change the country using the drop down box to “United Kingdom”.
- Click agree to terms and conditions and select Next.
- Select “None” under billing details and fill in name, address, phone number (A Google search can help with this) and head to the next page.
- Apple will send a verification code to the email address provided.
- Check for the email and confirm the code where requested on the iPad or iPhone.
Once the above steps have been followed full access to the new account for the UK store can be made using the new log in details created.
Using the UK iTunes store and making downloads
Once logged into the UK iTunes store full access will then be granted. Searches can be made using naviagtion through TV programmes, Apps, music or films or specific searches can be made using the search box in the iTunes store on the top right hand side on a PC or Mac.
Adding credit into the account to allow the purchase of paid download content can be done through using our iTunes gift card codes for the UK store. These are delivered fast via email for an instant top up and can be made at any time.