Depending on which device you are using iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or PC/laptop it may be slightly different to redeem an iTunes gift card code.
We have set up some step by step instructions to help you redeem your iTunes code on your chosen device.
It may also be worth noting that “iTunes” and “App Store” gift cards will all download the same content, Eg. you can redeem an iTunes gift card code and download Apps, music, iBooks, TV etc and vice versa with the App store card.
Using An iPhone, iPad & iPod touch
- Select iTunes store , App Store or iBooks and select “Featured” at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the featured section and select “Redeem”
- Sign into iTunes with a valid Apple ID and password.
- There are then two options: to enter the code manually or use the device camera. Please note that to use the device camera the full card needs to be visible which is not possible with an ecode.
- The redeem code is the 16 digit code beginning with X displayed on the back of the card as shown below.
- Once the code has been redeemed the iTunes balance will increase. Though logging out and back in again may be required for an updated balance.
2. Sign in with your Apple ID. This can be done through clicking the “Account” tab on the top left hand side of the screen and then “sign in”.
3. Select the same “Account” tab used to sign in, only this time select “redeem” from the options.
4. Enter the 16 digit code beginning with X from the back of the iTunes card and click redeem.
5. The credit will now be updated on the account and the following screen will show to confirm: