Once you have received your iTunes gift card redeem code, you may need to know how to redeem into your iTunes account to start your downloads asap!
Depending on which device you are using iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or PC/laptop it may be slightly different.
We have set up some step by step instructions to help you redeem your iTunes code on your chosen device.
It may also be worth noting that “iTunes” and “App Store” gift cards will all download the same content, Eg. you can redeem an iTunes gift card code and download Apps, music, iBooks, TV etc and vice versa with the App store card.
Using An iPhone, iPad & iPod touch
- Select iTunes store , App Store or iBooks and select “Featured” at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the featured section and select “Redeem”
- You will then need to sign in with your Apple ID.
- You then have the option to enter the code manually by selecting “You can also enter your code manually” or by using the device camera. If you choose the device camera you will need to have a full card code with the box around it visible, which will not be possible with an e code.
- The redeem code is the 16 digit code beginning with X displayed on the back of the card as shown below.
- Once you have redeemed the code the iTunes account balance will update – though may need to log out of your account and back in for the updates balance to show.
2. Once opened up, you will need to sign in with your Apple ID. This can be done by clicking the “Account” tab on the top left hand side of the screen and then “sign in”.
3. You then need to select the same “Account” tab you used to just sign, only this time you should select “redeem” from the options.
4. This will then take you to the redeem screen, where you will then enter the 16 digit code beginning with X from the back of your iTunes card and click redeem.
5. The credit will now be updated on your account and will take you to the following screen to confirm: