Using more than one iTunes account, or having multiple Apple ID’s is a method which can be used to access different iTunes stores around the world depending on which country the accounts are set up for. For example you may live in the UK, but have an iTunes account set up for the UK store and another set up for the US store, so you can access both.
The benefits of having more than one iTunes account to access different iTunes stores is that different countries have different download content available. Therefore, you may be able to download a new movie or Tv series in the US store if it is not available in the UK store. Another advantage is to check out prices, as different countries will have different download costs, so it may be good to “shop around”!
Setting up more than one account:
To set up iTunes accounts for a different country to the one you are in you will need access to an iPad or iPhone. Apple have recently removed the option to set up an international account from the desktop iTunes App.
It is possible for anyone to set up a new account for any country and it’s easy to do, as mentioned, on an iPad or iPhone.
The instructions below are for setting up a UK iTunes account, however, on bullet point 5 you can select the country of your choice.
- From the home screen on the iPhone or iPad select “App store”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and sign out of an existing iTunes account.
- Choose any “FREE” App and select “Get”.
- In the pop up box choose “Create Apple ID”.
- Follow the set up process to add an email address (this will be the new Apple ID) and password and change the country using the drop down box to “United Kingdom”.
- Click agree to terms and conditions and select Next.
- Select “None” under billing details and fill in name, address, phone number (A Google search can help with this) and head to the next page.
- Apple will send a verification code to the email address provided.
- Check for the email and confirm the code where requested on the iPad or iPhone.
How to decide which country to set up an account for?
Certain country iTunes stores are known for each having their individual advantages, for example here are a few that we know of:
US/Canadian store: Generally earlier movie releases
Canadian/Australian/Netherlands/Swedish store: Has a lot of soft launches, so if it’s gaming apps you are into you can be one of the first to play a new game before it’s released worldwide.
Russian store: CHEAP movies! (Just check they are available in English audio too first, if you don’t speak Russian!)
It also worth thinking about the most accessible iTunes codes too. If you are using an iTunes account for another country you will not be able to link a bank card, so you can use iTunes gift card codes to add credit into the account which will then allow you to make paid download purchases.
On our website you will find lots of iTunes codes available for different countries, including, The US, UK, Australia, Sweden, Russia, Ireland, France, plus many more and they are also available in different denominations so you can choose the amount of credit you would need.
To see our full selection of iTunes codes visit us at: www.miTunes.tv
All our gift card codes are available for an email delivery which means once you have chosen the country and the amount you require the code will be sent directly to your email address, so you don’t have to wait for a postal delivery.